Play Baccarat – for Big Profits & Fun!
The game of Baccarat was originally known as Faro (or Basset), it was the favorite game of Casanova, and other adventures since the 15th century onwards.
Today’s game was a favorite of James Bond, where in the film Casino Royale he skillfully bankrupts an enemy. Baccarat in old colloquial Italian and French means “nothing”.
This article is all about playing baccarat, having fun and winning! Its a great game suitable for both novice or pro, so lets look at how to play baccarat and win.
Although the odds can be easily calculated, and the strategies few, if one were to believe Casanova, he was able to win or lose as he wished (for whatever reasons he had).
Also in the film, James Bond equally won as he needed to do. In real life, we are not so privileged, and the safe bets are few, in fact, only one, as you will see below.
So its easy to play baccarat with the best odds of winning
The rules of playing baccarat are very simple.
After the bets are placed, the cards are dealt with the outcome dictated by the results of the deal. More precisely, the dealer deals two cards to each player, and the banker (who is not necessarily the dealer). The object of the game is to get as close to 9 as possible.
If you have 9, or an 8 (both called “naturals”) you win (unless the dealer has the same, and then it’s a tie). If you (the player) has a 6 or 7, you are obliged to stand. If you have a 5 or less, you are obliged to take a 3rd card.
The 10s and face cards have zero value.
Therefore, a 10 and a 5 would be a value of 5. If three cards are dealt, the score of the hand is the right digit of the total of the cards. If the total of the three cards is 14, then the score is 4.
Rules for the dealer
If the player stands, the dealer must hit if his score is 5 or less. Now the rules become somehow complex. If the player took a 3rd card, the dealer is obliged to act as follows:
- Dealer has total of 0, 1, 2: Dealer must draw a third card.
- Dealer has total of 3: Dealer draws if Player’s 3rd Card is 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-9-0 (not an 8).
- Dealer has total of 4: Dealer must draw if Player’s 3rd Card is 2-3-4-5-6-7.
- Dealer has total of 5: Dealer must draw if Player’s 3rd Card is 4-5-6-7.
- Dealer has total of 6: Dealer must draw if Player’s 3rd Card is a 6 or a 7.
- Dealer has total of 7: Dealer must stand.
When playing baccarat there are only three bets. One is for the player, one is for the banker, and one is for a tie. Betting on the player, or bank does not mean, necessarily on “the” player, or the dealer. If you bet on the player, and win, you are paid even money (1:1) with no commission.
If you bet on the banker, and win, you are paid even money, but charged between 4 and 5% commission. If you bet on a tie, you win 8:1 or 9:1 depending on the rules used, without any commission.
The BEST bet
When you play baccarat The best bet seems to be betting with the bank. This has the best odds for the better (punter). It’s a boring game, but will keep you in the game longer, and you may leave with some money in your pocket.
Other play Baccarat tips
- Try to play at a table or if electronic, a computer, where the fewest number of decks are used.
- Card counting does not work in baccarat. The dealer will shuffle the decks after each play. Systems don’t work either, so bet with the banker for safety.
- Enjoy yourself, but decide how much money you can lose before you start. Put you winnings aside, and play your stake.
- When that stake is over, finish your play, and keep your winnings.